Tuesday, January 20, 2015

PARIS JE T'AIME



By the time you read this, I will have left my home in Paris for San Francisco... the events of the past week here will always be imbedded in my psyche.  The heinous actions of the men who took innocent lives in their personal Jihad to extinguish a form of free speech, failed.  I have witnessed the true spirit of the French people, as well as the world, as we have united in solidarity to memorialize those lives that were lost.  Writers are heroes.  They use their pens in cartoons as well as articles to voice their opinions - free speech is a precious and fundamental right that we must protect and celebrate.  I am saying "au revoir" to Paris for a time, but I will never forget the beauty and fragility of this lovely country.  Nous sommes tous, CHARLIE....

No comments:

Post a Comment