Thursday, February 7, 2013

On the Lookout


I have always been a fan of research. I like to be prepared, find out the facts, make a plan, and crunch the numbers. It’s my practical side in the fabulously creative world of literary pursuit. That is why I am always impressed when authors send queries referencing my bio or specifying why they singled out our agency to contact. It lets me know that they took the time to compare my proclivities with their projects and found a match. When my client Allen Eskens (@aeskens) first started corresponding with our agency, he mentioned, “I am particularly interested in your agency because of its strong emphasis on mystery and thriller novels.”  Right on! Our agents have a wide range of interests that might be in line with your manuscript, and I am actively looking for more great matches. So…bring me your smart, compelling protagonist. Your sharp wit. Your vivid settings. I can’t wait to get lost in the world you create on the page. With readers like me, the research pays off.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Thank you for the tip, as I research your website and blog before submitting! :)

    ReplyDelete